conceptual oyster

Around the world with two suitcases and a drawl thick as blackstrap molasses...

12 September 2005

Dateline S-Wellington

estimated time in Wellington to date:
approx. 47 minutes

long haul flight:
a very long 12 hours since the nasty british woman beside me spilled an entire bottle on water on my seat (thus a moist flight), kept taking my arm rest controls and my pillow

euro-trash spottings:
2

weather in Wellington:
agreeably sunny and cool in the shade

residence:
much potential, but as of the moment, messy and obviously a bachelor's pad

hair:
oily

new luggage:
heavy, one puncture, one missing handle, and a laseration

general outlook:
sunny, Wellington is much better the second time around and with the sun shining. A few fleeting thoughts of: okay, i'm here, why the heck am I here, and what do I do now? But should be a good experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Glad to hear you got there just fine (other than a little moist in the rear - hee hee). Question: how far ahead of the US is Wellington? I can't tell if the clock is pm or am. Hmmm...

I miss you already! Joe has been asking about you too, and wishes you well too. :)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!! you made it!! tell seymour hello for me!! sounds like you encountered some minor snags and your outlook will definitely improve as you recover from jet lag!!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amanda- i can't believe you are gone. just the thought of it makes me wish i was having an adventure too.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I second that, Amber! She makes my boring life look even MORE boring! :P

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home