conceptual oyster

Around the world with two suitcases and a drawl thick as blackstrap molasses...

06 October 2005

hotdogs and heartburn

a new zealand hotdog is very different from an american one.
i found this out when i went to the 'town' for lunch the other day...

i wnated a bit of home you know...so i saw hotdog on the menu and ordered.

i sat down and waited for the thing to be ready, i was called to the counter, handed my dog, sat down to find a very large sausage lightly battered and deep fried...and i don't mean like a corndog either.

and to top it off...ketchup was two bucks!

i've been making sure to pack lunch since then!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

LOL. I ordered a hot dog once in Denmark, and got this weird long, thin purple sausage on a plate. No condiments, no bread, no nothing. And I had to charge it on my American Express card, because I had no currency from Denmark, so it cost like, $10. HA HA.

So glad to see the photos! It looks so pretty! I watched part of Lord of the Rings last night and thought of you. :)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda!
I loved seeing your photos!!! aaandd reading the blogs
We really miss u
Esma and Sam
p.s hi to Sim

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

WHERE ARE YOU? Is everything ok? I miss you so much and want to know how things are going!!!!!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home